The following North East Borough Agencies hold their monthly meetings at the Borough Office, 31 West Main Street, North East, PA which are open to the Public. Any person with a disability requiring special accommodations to attend these meetings should notify the Borough at (814) 725-8611 five (5) working days prior to the meeting. The Borough will make every effort to provide reasonable accommodations.
Public Meeting Schedule
This notice will serve to advise all residents of Erie County that the following actions, if based on race, color, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, familial status (families with children), handicap or disability, and sexual orientation are considered discriminatory:
- Refusing to sell or rent to, deal or negotiate with any person.
- Discriminating by advertising that housing is available only to persons of a certain race, color, religion, sex, national origin, familial status or handicap.
- Denying that housing is available for inspection, sale or rent when it really is available.
- Blockbusting for profit, persuading owners to sell or rent housing by telling them that minority groups are moving into the neighborhood.
- Denying or making different terms or conditions for home loans by financial institutions.
- Denying to anyone the use of, or participation in, any real estate service, multiple-list service or other facilities related to the selling and renting of housing.
Any resident who believes they have been discriminated against under any of the above conditions may file a complaint with:
Act 44 Disclosure
Chapter 7-A of Act 44 of 2009 requires that all parties with a service contract to a municipal pension fund submit an annual disclosure to their Pennsylvania public sector clients. The disclosure form provides certain information in regard to any financial relationships that may exist between the entities and the elected and appointed officials of the municipality to determine if a conflict of interest might be present.
If the Municipality maintains a website, it is required by Act 44 that all Disclosure Forms be posted on the website and be filed and updated annually for the life of the contract between the municipality and each party.