North East Borough is accepting applications for the positions of full-time and part-time police officers. The Borough is a member of the Northwest Pennsylvania Regional Police Test Consortium and will use the most current consortium eligibility list for candidate ranking. Successful candidates receiving a conditional offer for employment must pass a background investigation, physical and psychological exam.
Prior to application, every applicant seeking a position in the police department shall possess the following qualifications:
- Possess a diploma from an accredited high school or a graduate equivalency diploma (GED).
- Be Act 120 Certified under the Municipal Police Officers Education and Training Commission (Act 120), (MPOETC) 53 Pa. C.S.A. §2161 et seq. or shall have successfully completed Act 120 Training and passed the MPOETC State Certification Examination, thus being eligible for Act 120 Certification once hired by the Borough.
- Have standing on the most recent Northwest Pennsylvania Regional Police Test Consortium eligibility list.
- Be a United States Citizen and proficient in the English language.
- Be physically and mentally fit to perform the full duties of a police officer.
- Possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
- Must have reached their twenty-first (21st) birthday before the deadline for submitting completed applications.
Necessary documents to include with the Application:
- A list of required documentation is provided in the application packet.
APPLICATIONS AVAILABLE AT: North East Police Department ; 58 E. Main Street; North East, PA. 16428 or by CLICKING HERE
TIME: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. All completed applications must be returned to the North East Police Department. No application will be accepted after 4:00 p.m. on January 28, 2022.